Hi this is Kanwar,
I’m having this weird problem in my phone (samsung s3), every time I receive or make a call, after few seconds or minutes the person on the other end is not able to hear me (I can hear them clearly) and then after a minute it goes back to normal (both able to hear each other) and then again the cycle repeats. I asked my network carrier and they said everything is working fine from their side. Can you please help me with this issue? Thanks.
It seems to me like this is one of the audio and microphone problems users have been reporting before. There have been reports from users who had broken speakers and microphones in their device. Well, they turned out receiving new replacement units but then again, their disappointments, inconveniences and wasted time weren’t compensated.
There are two things I want you to check first to ensure this problem is not caused by any settings in your phone.
- From the Home screen, tap Apps and choose Settings.
- Find Accessibility option and tap on it to open its settings page.
- Make sure the Turn Off All Sounds option is NOT checked.
- Go back to Settings and choose Sound.
- Check if volumes are all correct.
Now let’s try to go into the Galaxy S3′s noise reduction option.
- From the Home screen, hit Phone and press the Menu button.
- Choose Call Settings then Additional Settings.
- Uncheck Noise Reduction option.
After doing all these, try to take a look at the hole where the microphone is and see if there is something blocking. You can try to clean it out and see if the problem persists. But when things still fail after these, contact your provider or Samsung to have the device replaced.