Some users reported that after updating their tablet to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, the screen of their device becomes insensitive. Others even say the screen becomes totally unresponsive. In that case, there’s nothing more you can do even if the tablet is powered on. What you have to do is check whether this problem also happens even in safe mode. Thus, the first you’d have to do is boot your device to safe mode, here’s how:
- Press the Power button.
- Touch and hold the Power off option in the dialog box.
- Tap OK in the next dialog box that would pop up.
- Your tablet will now boot into safe mode. Check to see if the screen is still insensitive or unresponsive.
If the problem persists even in safe mode, there nothing you can do but to reset the tablet to its factory settings. Since you cannot rely on the screen, you’ll have to do a factory reset via hardware. Here’s how:
- Turn the tablet off.
- Press and hold the power button until the screen turns on. Immediately tap on Volume Down button while holding the power button. If you were successful, you would see the word Start with an arrow around it.
- Press the Volume Down button twice to choose Recovery Mode.
- Press the Power button to start to Recovery Mode.
- Hold the Power button and press Volume Up.
- Use Volume Keys to choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Scroll down to and choose Yes – erase all user data.
Wait until the reset is complete then reboot the device. This should resolve the screen problem.