Almost a year since the phone was released, there are still thousands of owners finding ways to enable Emoji Emoticons on Samsung Galaxy S3. That said, we know a couple of ways you can use to become more expressive in your text messages with the help of those tiny icons you can insert anytime. The first procedure will require you to use a different SMS app (in this tutorial we’ll use Chomp SMS, which is offered free from the Google Play Store) while the second one requires you to root your device, install an app called ES File Explorer and copy a file into a directory in your phone. Read on below to know how these procedures work.
Enable Emoji Emoticons With Chomp SMS
- Launch the Google Play Store app.
- Search for Chomp SMS. The first one you can find is the app you’re looking for.
- Download and install the app.
- Launch Chomp SMS once installation is completed.
- Tap New Message (Compose a new message).
- To the left of the text field, there is a plus sign (+), tap on that.
- You can now find smiley icons. Tap on any Emoji buttons at the bottom of the screen. You will be prompted to install an add on called Emoji Plugin.
- Tap on the Download button and choose Play Store.
- Tap Install button, then Accept & download. Wait until installation is complete.
- Launch Chomp SMS again and follow the same steps. This, Emoji Emoticons are now enabled in your Galaxy S3.
Install Emoji Emoticons On Galaxy S3 Stock KeyboardNote: This procedure requires you to root your Galaxy S3 first. Otherwise, it won’t work.
- Download the following files: DroidSansFallback.ttf | fallback_fonts.xml. Save files into a directory you can easily access.
- Connect your Galaxy S3 to your computer and copy the files into your SD card. Disconnect device after copying.
- Launch the Play Store app and search for ES File Explorer.
- Download and Install the app.
- Launch the app once installation is completed.
- Navigate to the directory in your SD card where you saved the files. Long tap DroidSansFallback.ttf and tap ‘move to’ option.
- Navigate to /system/fonts directory and drop the file there.
- Do the same for fallback_fonts.xml.
- Reboot your phone and wait ’til it’s active before using it.
- Launch the messaging app. Viola! Emoji Emoticons are now available in your Galaxy S3.