New owners of Samsung Galaxy S4 are now starting to complain about the internet connection in their phone. Some would say the connection is very slow while others reported theirs keep on dropping. It’s too early to say that Galaxy S4 WiFi problem is a major one since the device has not been released to most markets yet. But based on the number of people who complained about it, it seems like Samsung may need to hurry in rolling out an update that may fix it.
But just to make it clear, Samsung hasn’t released an official statement justifying Galaxy S4′s issues with WiFi connectivity. Basically, we cannot expect an effort to come from the company on this kind of problem, so we’re on our own here. If you’re one of the people complaining about the speed of your connection, we’ve prepared “some things to do” below.
Change Router SettingsThis procedure is for people who have control over their network or router. We have reasons to believe that Galaxy S4′s WiFi problem may be caused by the router so it would be the first you need to check. Please note that this procedure is generic because we don’t know what kind of router you’re using. Here’s what you need to do:
- Login to your router’s settings page.
- Change the 802.11 mode to “mixed 802.11n and 802.11g“.
- Disable (or UNCHECK) Auto Channel Scan so you can choose Wireless Channel.
- Now set Wireless Channel to 2.472 GHz – CH13.
- Change Transmission Rate to 54 Mbit/s.
- Change Security Mode to WPA – Personal.
- Change WPA Mode to WPA or WPA2.
- Change Cipher Type to TKIP and AES.
- Try to connect with your phone and see if there’s an improvement.
Turn Off Galaxy S4 WiFi Power Save ModeIf your connection doesn’t improve by doing the above procedure, try the following. It could also help fix other WiFi-related problems.
Note: This procedure may result to faster draining your device’s battery.
- Launch Galaxy S4 phone dialer.
- Dial *#0011#
- A new window will pop up, touch the Menu button.
- Tap WiFi.
- The WiFi Power Save Mode is ON by default, turn it OFF.
- Exit the menu.
I hope this helps.