Web pages are slow or will not load on Samsung Galaxy S4 or take a long time to display while downloads take a long time to complete. These are some of the symptoms of a browser problem that many owners were complaining about just a few weeks after they have bought the device. Fortunately, the issue is not serious and can be fixed without unnecessary risks.
- Inconsistent network connection.
- Network congestion.
- Data speed reduction reached.
- Low signal.
- Connected to a poor Wi-Fi network.
- Website is under heavy load.
- Device software is not up-to-date.
- Browser software is not up-to-date.
- Low device memory, applications running in background.
- Internet cache full or corrupted.
Before You Begin
- If the issue occurs only when you are in a specific location, please check with your Service Provider for coverage in the area where you are experiencing the issues.
- Verify that you are receiving adequate signal (a minimum of two or three bars of signal).
- Turn off Wi-Fi. If you are connected to a Wi-Fi access point, your device will not connect to the mobile data network. From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi . Touch the slider Slider On next to Wi-Fi to turn Wi-Fi off.
- Verify that you can access the website from a non-mobile device.
- Check for any available software updates for your device at Samsung Support.
- Check for any application updates at Apps > Play Store.
- Once in Google Play Store, touch Menu > My apps > UPDATE ALL or UPDATE individual apps.
- To re-establish a connection with the mobile network, with the device still on, remove the battery for 30 seconds. After the time has elapsed, replace the battery and power on the device. Wait a few seconds for the device to connect to the network.
- A few service providers will reduce your speed after a certain limit. Please contact your service provider to see if your speeds have been reduced.
- During peak times, the network can become overloaded with users, reducing the amount of bandwidth available.
- Attempt to connect to mobile data by opening either browser on the device, Apps > Internet, or Apps > Chrome, and navigating to a webpage such as www.sebertech.com.
If you’re currently experiencing problems with your phone and don’t know how to fix them, contact us by email at email@example.com and we may have solutions to you problems or answers to your questions.