4. Click or tap on Take a Video, for you to begin record and edit video.
To begin with, download Windows Essentials -- a suite that comprised of desktop versions of SkyDrive, Mail, Photo Gallery and Writer for free.
2. Click or tap on Install Windows Essentials, to begin installation of the full suite of apps.
3. To separately install the Movie Maker and its associated desktop app Photo Gallery, click or tap on Choose the programs you want to install.
4. Once the installation is completed or done, click or tap on Close.
5. Go back to the Start Screen by pressing the Start button on your device or device's keyboard.
6. Click on the arrow at the bottom left corner of your screen. A list of installed apps will then show up.
NOTE: Touchscreen device users would need to place their finger at the bottom of their display, and then swipe it upwards to show the same apps list.
7. Look for the Movie Maker and tap/click on it.
8. Click or tap on Accept.
You should now have the Movie Makers installed on your Windows 8 desktop. To open recorded videos, simply click on the File button or click on the Webcam video button to record a new video through webcam.