I tried to set up my email but the setup never completes. I am getting an error message that says, "Authentication failed" and in some attempts I'm prompted with a "No response from server" message.
- An indication of inactive account
- Your account is incorrectly set up
- Intermittent network connectivity
- Airplane mode is enabled or active
- Mobile data is disabled or turned off
- Your device is not connected to a WiFi network
- Server information is incorrect
- Username or password is incorrect
- POP3/IMAP or Microsoft Exchange Active Sync is not supported by your email service
- Ongoing network outage
- Outdated device software
First Resolution Approach
Step 1. Try to access/open your email account using a PC to make sure the problem is not due to some ongoing outages or problems affecting servers of the email providers.
Step 2. Check your account status and ensure it is not in bad or delinquent status with your carrier.
Step 3. Verify your data plan with your carrier is correct.
Step 4. Check your phone and see if it is getting adequate signal (enough signal means at least two to three bars).
Step 5. If you notice the problem only occurs in a specific location, contact your service provider and verify the coverage area for your phone. Ask if the area where you are having connectivity problems is within their scope of network coverage.
Step 6. In case you got your device exposed to moisture or perhaps dropped it before, it is likely that the problem is due to physical or liquid damage. So have your device checked for any possible liquid or physical damages first.
Step 7. Verify your email settings. If you are not sure of the correct configuration, ask your email provider. It could be that your email provider is set up for POP3/IMAP or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
HINT: In some cases, you have to enable the POP3/ActiveSync feature on your account first for it to be accessible without any issue.
Step 8. Some problems like this may also be tied to outdated device software. If you think it has something to do with it, check for any software updates available for your device.
HINT: Samsung online support has all the latest available software updates for different Samsung devices. Check out Samsung's official website to check for the latest available for any software update and go for an upgrade if available.
2. Using either browser on the device, try to connect to mobile data. Go to Apps -> Internet or Apps.
3. Select a browser (example: Chrome)
4. Navigate to any webpage or website to see if you can get through.
5. If you cannot connect to any webpage or website, try to connect over a WiFi network instead.
6. Once you are already on a WiFi network, retry to connect over mobile data.
7. Set up your email account again.
If it still doesn't work as it is supposed to, please proceed with the following procedures.
A. Email Account Set Failed due to authentication error. This is when you will be prompted with an error message saying, "Authentication failed" after setting up your email account.
2. Enter the correct username and password for you to sign in.
//for Unsuccessful Log-in
If you encountered any of the above error messages, please enter your email server information, specifically the one you've got from your email provider.