Notifications that get to your Samsung Galaxy S5 (while the phone is not in use or in idle mode) will be filtered into the notification panel (share area). They will remain in that so-called central hub that keeps all notifications received in one location, until you will view and dismiss each of them.
Other indications of notifications received while the phone is idle are the icons showing in the upper left of your status bar. This also gives you a heads-up that you've missed some notifications.
In this content, we elaborate some methods about how to manage notifications on your Samsung Galaxy S5, specifically how to access and dismiss them all.
// Access Notifications on your Galaxy S5
1. To access the notification shade or panel, swipe down from the top of the screen.
2. You will then be prompted with a list of all notifications on the phone.
3. To launch that app and to act on it, simply tap on a notification.
Acting on a notification will remove it from the notification shade or panel.
// Dismiss Individual Notifications on the Galaxy S5
1. Get to the notification panel or shade by swiping down from the top of the screen.
2. A list of all your notifications will then show up.
3. In order to dismiss a single notification, swipe sideways to the left or right on the notification you want to dismiss.
You may not be able to dismiss some apps, like your Wi-Fi connection status as well as an attached accessory. While these types of tools remain stationary at the top of the notification area/shade, they will be filtered by the app notifications beneath each of them.
// Dismiss All Notifications on the Galaxy S5
1. Access the notification panel by swiping down from the top of the screen.
2. Clear all of your current notifications by tapping on the Clear Button.
Tapping on the Clear button will not only clears out all the notifications in the notification panel but will likewise remove any notification icons that show up in the status bar. This is important to know, especially if you don't want to see the annoying icons showing in the status bar.