This article will guide you through troubleshooting email issues on your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III that is unable to send and/or receive emails.
It is important to identify the underlying cause before you begin troubleshooting the problem. Read on to learn on the available methods to resolve such email problems on your device.
Step 1. Verify and secure network connection between your Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone and the Sprint network. Access and use Sprint Zone to verify network status between your device and service provider.
Step 2. Verify if mobile data is enabled. If not, be sure to have it enabled because a data connection is necessary for email to work properly. Here's how to get to Mobile Data settings:
· Tap on My Device.
· Tap on Dashboard to continue.
· Scroll to and tap on Data Network option.
· You will be prompted with your data connection.
· Tap on Update Profile to proceed.
· Once the profile update is done, tap OK.
· Perform a test email to see if the problem is resolved.
If problem persists and your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 still cannot connect to data, proceed to the next step.
Step 3. Perform a soft reset on the device. A soft reset will reconnect your GS 3 handset to the Sprint network. In case you need help in doing a soft reset, here's how:
· Press and hold the Power key.
· Tap on Power Off.
· Tap OK to turn your S3 OFF. Leave it off for at least 30 seconds.
· After the time has elapsed, press and hold the Power key to turn the phone back ON.
· Test your phone to see if the email issue is now resolved. If not, continue to the next step.
Step 4. Verify email details, particularly the email address and password are correct.
You may use your GS 3 web browser to navigate to your email provider's website and try to sign in to your email account.
· If you are unable to sign in, verify the username and password you entered are correct. In case, you've just updated your email account password, be sure to update the email settings on your GS 3 as well.
Step 5. Make sure your email account is set up correctly on your GS 3 handset. In this case, double-check if you have entered the correct settings for each email account you want to open or access. Please refer to the following email settings configuration on your Sprint Galaxy S3.
The following steps may vary depending on the type of email account you are trying to set up.
//Personal Email Address (Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, AOL emails)
· If you have already set up the email address on your phone, remove it from it to delete any incorrect settings. Doing so will not delete any of your emails. The process will just temporarily remove the link to your account.
· Re-enter and add your email account back in to your GS 3.
· Perform a test email to see if problem is resolved. Otherwise, continue to the next step:
//Corporate or Business Email Address via Microsoft Exchange
· As recommended, contact Sprint's IT department to verify the correct setup information for your email account via Microsoft Exchange. Details you will need to know as follow:
- Server Address
· Once you've got all the above information, proceed with the Microsoft Exchange account set up. In case your Exchange account still won't work, contact your corporate IT department for further assistance.
Hope this helps. Goodluck!