The features entrenched into the new Samsung Galaxy S5 are not merely for fun, entertainment, business or luxury purposes. More importantly, the new smartphone is also packed with a number of other features that would help support a healthy lifestyle of its every user. One of the healthy features is the Heart Rate Monitor.
The Heart Rate Monitor is a built-in function on the Galaxy S5 functions by following your every beat, allowing you to measure your heart rate directly on your phone.
All you need to do is to place your finger on the back of the phone and measure your heart rate.
If you need further assistance on how to use this feature on your phone, refer to the following steps:
1. Touch on Apps from the Home screen.
2. Touch to select S Health.
3. You will be prompted with the S Health screen that contains a welcome information. Touch Next to proceed.
4. A screen for Terms and Conditions will display. Read and agree to the terms by placing a check on the box next to I agree and then touch Next.
5. In necessary, add a Samsung account. Otherwise, touch Skip to proceed.
6. Enter your name.
7. Touch to select your Gender.
8. Scroll to your birth date.
9. Enter your height (cm) and weight (kg).
10. Touch Next.
11. Touch your activity level. Just choose from the given options and then touch Next to continue.
12. You should now have your profile created. Touch Start.
13. Touch the Heart rate icon.
14. Touch OK to proceed with the heart rate measurement.
15. Place and hold a finger on the sensor at the back of your Galaxy S5, below the camera.
16. Wait until the device is done measuring your heart rate. Do not move or talk while your heart rate is measured.
Once the process is finished, your heart rate will be displayed.
The Heart Rate Monitor is not a therapeutic or medical device and therefore should not be used for medical purposes. It's merely created for information purposes only. Please consult a health care professional to discuss the diagnosis or treatment of any condition you may have based on the Heart Rate Monitor result.