One way of backing up important contacts from your phone or SIM is to copy contacts between the SIM and your phone.
This guide will teach you how to copy contacts between your SIM and GS 5 handset. Just follow these steps whenever you are ready.
1. Go to the Home screen to begin.
2. Touch Contacts.
3. Touch the Menu icon (represented by three vertical dots), located on the upper-right corner of the screen.
4. Touch to select Settings from the sub-menu options.
5. Touch Contacts.
6. Select Import/Export. Doing so will prompt you with the options to copy contacts.
7. You may choose to either "Copy contacts from your SIM to your phone" or "Copy contacts from your phone to your SIM."
A. Copy contacts from your SIM to your GS 5:
- Touch Import from SIM card.
- Under Save contact to, touch Device.
- Touch Select all, to select all contacts from the SIM and copy them to your phone. Once you select all, each contact boxes will be checked.
- Touch Done to confirm action.
B. Copy contacts from the GS 5 to your SIM:
- Touch the option to Export to SIM card under settings.
- Touch Select all, to select all your phone contacts you want to copy to your SIM.
- Touch Done.
- When prompted with a message to Copy to SIM, touch OK to confirm.
Wait until the phone is done copying or exporting contacts to your SIM. Once done, press the Home key to get back to the Home screen.
And that's all about copying contacts from your SIM to your Samsung Galaxy S5 and vice versa. Hope this helps!