Common errors associated with Wi-Fi function are as follow:
1. "Your Internet connection is unstable."
2. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi.
3. Wi-Fi disconnects and Mobile data connects.
4. Device connected to a Wi-Fi network but cannot access the Internet.
When a Wi-Fi signal strength become overly sensitive, it would initiate an error message and switch to mobile data instead of using the available Wi-Fi connection. When the wireless network is not stable, the device will show an error message, which occurs by design when the device is too far from the router.
Follow these steps to fix unstable Wi-Fi connection on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
A. Resolution Steps (Device)
1. In order to get started, navigate to Settings.
2. Select Wi-Fi.
3. Long press the existing Wi-Fi network/connection.
4. Tap the option to Forget network.
5. Now press the Menu key.
6. Tap Advanced to get to the device's Advanced settings.
7. Verify Passpoint and make sure it is set to OFF.
Setting this option (Passpoint) OFF will prevent the device from automatically connecting to Wi-Fi access points, which would require additional authentication through a web browser.
8. Now turn Auto network switch OFF by removing the check mark from the box next to this option.
9. Reboot your device.
Test to see if these fixed the problem, otherwise please proceed with the router troubleshooting steps.Get to your wireless router and perform the following steps.
B. Router Steps
1. If you are not really sure about how your wireless router works, please contact the router manufacturer for further assistance troubleshooting the router and/or configure some settings. Otherwise, skip to step 2.
2. Check the router and see if it is broadcasting in a clear spectrum. This means it has no interference from other Wi-Fi signals, including wireless home phones or microwaves. These things can influence and affect the router signal. If you are in the area with greater interference, we suggest you try to use the 5Ghz frequency. If the router is placed far from the device, try switching signal from 5Ghz to 2.5Ghz, instead.
3. When testing your router signal, please avoid electronics and walls as these may break line-of-sight connection between the router and your Galaxy Note 3 device.
Power-cycling the wireless router is also recommended when experiencing problems with the wireless network. The process is done by simply unplugging the router's power cord from the main power outlet for at least 30 seconds, and then plug it back in after the elapsed time. This process often works especially when the device is experiencing temporary wireless network issues, including intermittent or unstable connection.
If problem persists, please contact Samsung support for further troubleshooting steps with your Wi-fi problem with the Galaxy Note 3 device.