Set up and activate your iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus now and get full access to all integrated functions and features on the new Apple smartphone.There are different ways to activate your new iPhone 6/ 6 Plus-- over a Wi-Fi network, with iPhone 4s or later, or over your carrier's cellular network. The third method may not be available in all areas though. And in some cases, you may need to connect your new iPhone to a computer and use iTunes for device setup and activation.
Generally, you would just need to turn on your iPhone and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup and activation process with the Setup Assistant, starting from connecting to a Wi-Fi network, signing in with or creating a free Apple ID, entering a passcode, setting up iCloud and iCloud Keychain, turning on recommended features, and finally, activating your iPhone with your carrier.
An AppleID is necessary for you to use iPhone 6 features including iCloud, FaceTime, App Store, iTunes and more.
One of the important iPhone feature, called Find My iPhone will only be enabled when you sign to iCloud. So be sure to get this done during the setup and activation process.
Important Tips to Avoid Problem during Setup or Activation
- Connecting iPhone to a
To complete the activation process, you need to connect your iPhone 6 to a computer (Windows or Mac).
Please refer to the following system requirements to use your iPhone 6 with your computer:
- Internet connection
- PC or Mac with a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port
- OS version for PC or Mac computer must be OS X version 10.6.8 or later, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP Home or Professional with SP3 or later, or Windows 8
To connect your iPhone 6 to a computer, only use the Lightning to USB cable that come along with your iPhone package.
- Connecting iPhone to a Wi-Fi
An active Wi-Fi or internet connection is necessary to complete the setup and activation of your iPhone 6. Ensure your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network beforehand.
You may need to configure certain Wi-Fi settings on your device.
To configure Wi-Fi options, go to Settings, then select Wi-Fi to get to the Wi-Fi screen and configure the following options:
- Select a network to connect to - To choose a network, tap on any of the available wireless networks. If prompted, enter the password to access the selected network.
- Ask to join networks - When enabled, this option will prompt whenever a Wi-Fi network is available. If you don't like, then you may opt to manually join a network if a previously used network is not available.
- Forget a network - This option is used to forget or remove the network you've previously connected to. To forget a network, tap next to your previously used network, then tap Forget this Network.
- Join a closed Wi-Fi network - You can find this option under Other. Tap Other, then key in the name of the closed network. You may be required to enter the network name, security type and password for this network.
- Adjust Wi-Fi network settings - To adjust a Wi-Fi network's settings, tap next to a network and then setup or configure options such as HTTP proxy, BootP, static network settings, and DHCP server. You can also set up your own Wi-fi network if you want.
Once you have completed the setup and activation process, your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus should now be ready for use.
Please keep posted for more detailed guides/tutorials on the iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus basic/advanced functions and features to be published soon in this site.