Elaborated in this content are the available workarounds to deal with an issue on the new iPhone 6 device, in which the user is unable to make or receive calls on the iPhone. You can refer to this guide if you need help troubleshooting the same problem on your new iPhone.
Be sure to test your device after completing each of the given steps to see whether that fixed the problem, otherwise, proceed to the next steps when necessary.
A. Follow these steps to troubleshoot problems on making voice calls
1. Check network settings and ensure your iPhone is connected to a network. You cannot make any calls if your phone is not connected to a network. Here's how to check network settings on your iPhone 6:
a. Tap on Settings.
b. Scroll to and tap Carrier from the Settings menu.
c. Choose an option to select a network manually or automatically.
Select network manually. If you choose to select network automatically, then tap the indicator next to Automatic until the feature is OFF or disabled. When it's off, it means you've enabled to select network manually on your device. Your phone then searches for available networks within range.
d. Tap to select the network you want to use.
e. Wait until your phone prompts if you have access to the selected network.
Select network automatically. If you prefer to select network automatically, then tap the indicator next to Automatic to enable or turn the feature ON (if necessary). Your phone will then automatically search and connect to the network.
2. To save the recent settings, tap on Settings. Go back to the Home screen by pressing the Home key when done.
If problem persists or you still can't make calls, then proceed with more workarounds:
1. Check Caller Line Identity and configure it when necessary.
Please note that you won't be able to make a call with your caller identification shown when roaming, if Caller Line has not been turned on in your account/plan. Here's what you can do:
a. Tap on Settings.
b. Tap on Phone.
c. Tap the option to Show My Caller ID.
d. Turn your own caller ID on or off by tapping the indicator next to the option.
Try to make a call while the Caller ID is on and when it's off, to determine if this is causing the problem. Otherwise, proceed to the next workarounds.
2. Check your credits (if applicable). This option is applicable depending on your carrier. For some carriers, you won't be able to make voice or data calls if there is no credit on your pay as you go card. If you're not sure of this, then you may need to contact your carrier support for your account plan's verification.
3. You may be out of your carrier's network range. Another factor that will likely caused you some problems in making/receiving calls is if you're out of your carrier's network and roaming has been blocked in your account. If you think this is the case, then please contact your carrier's customer support for further assistance.
4. Your number may be suspended. It is possible that you can't make or receive calls if your number is suspended. Normally, you will be notified about it when you attempt to make a call. If not, then please call customer service for resolution on this matter.
5. Your phone is getting low or no signal strength. Try to make a call in other areas where the signal strength is good enough for you to make a call. Otherwise, contact your ISP for further assistance.
6. Ensure Flight Mode is disabled. You will not be able to make or receive calls if flight mode is turned on, so be sure to turn this feature off. To do so, just slide your finger upwards starting from the bottom corner of the screen, and then tap the flight mode icon to turn the feature on/off. Remember, it has to be OFF.
7. If the problem occurs randomly, or you can't make a call only to a specific number, then it is possible that there's a problem at the receiving end. You can try to make a call to another number, to determine if this is the case.
If you still cannot make a call after completing all the aforementioned methods, then we suggest contacting of your phone carrier for further troubleshooting assistance or recommendations.