You can use Personal Hotspot to share your iPhone Internet connection with other devices like a computer. The Internet connection can be shared using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or a USB cable. Generally, other iOS devices share Internet connection using Wi-Fi.
Personal Hotspot with the iPhone 6 will only work if the phone is connected to the Internet via cellular data network. Given the fact that this feature may not be available with all carriers, contacting your Internet service provider is recommended prior to setting up or using Personal Hotspot with your new iPhone device.
How to share Internet connection with iPhone 6 Personal Hotspot?
In order to use Personal hotspot and share internet connection on your iPhone 6, you will need to set up the service with your carrier beforehand. Here's how:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Cellular.
- Select Personal Hotspot (if available). Follow the on-screen prompts/instructions to complete the setup or contact your carrier for more information and Personal Hotspot setup support.
Note: Additional charges/fees may apply for using this feature. To avoid incurring (unwanted) extra charges, please verify with your carrier first.
- Enable/activate Personal Hotspot.
After you activate or enable Personal Hotspot on your iPhone 6, other devices may now connect to the Internet using any of the following methods:
- Via Wi-Fi
To connect to the Internet with the iPhone 6 Personal Hotspot through Wi-Fi, tap to select your iPhone 6 from the list of available Wi-Fi networks on the other device.
- Via USB
To connect to the Internet with the iPhone 6 Personal Hotspot through USB cable, follow these steps:
- Connect the iPhone to your computer using the USB cable the comes with it.
- Get to your computer's network preferences, select iPhone and configure the network settings.
- Via Bluetooth
To connect to the Internet with the iPhone 6 Personal Hotspot via Bluetooth, follow these steps:
- Go to your iPhone Settings.
- Tap on Bluetooth from the Settings menu.
- Enable/ turn on Bluetooth.
- Pair and connect your iPhone 6 with your other Bluetooth devices to share Internet connection.
You may change the Wi-Fi Password for your iPhone 6. To do so, go to Settings, tap Personal Hotspot, select Wi-Fi Password and then enter your new password. As recommended, passwords must be at least 8 characters in length.
To monitor your cellular data network usage, while using Personal Hotspot with your iPhone 6, go to Settings, then tap Cellular.