Configure/Edit Mobile Hotspot on your Galaxy Alpha
Follow these steps to configure/manage mobile hotspot on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha:
1. Tap Apps from the Home screen.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap on Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot.
4. Tap Mobile Hotspot.
5. Tap on the More options icon (three-vertical-dots icon).
6. Enter or edit the Network SSID or network name.
7. Check the box next to Hide my device to make your network invisible.
8. Select Security type.
9. Enter or edit Password if necessary.
10. Tap on Show advanced options and configure the Broadcast channel.
11. Tap on Save to apply the changes you've made on your phone's mobile hotspot settings.
Mobile hotspot will then turn off and then turn back on with the newly configured settings applied.
Connecting to the Mobile Hotspot
Follow these steps to connect to your Mobile Hotspot:
1. Enable or turn ON Wi-Fi on the device you want to connect to your Galaxy Alpha mobile hotspot.
2. Search for your hotspot using the information provided on the Mobile Hotspot settings screen and enter necessary information.
How to use Mobile Hotspot on Galaxy Alpha
- Tap Apps from the Home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Tethering and Mobile Hotspot.
- Select Mobile Hotspot.
- Tap on the Mobile Hotspot switch to turn the feature on or enable it.
Set Mobile Hotspots Password
- Tap on the option to Configure hotspot.
- Select the level of security you prefer.
- Enter a password.
- Tap on Save.
- Go to your other device's screen, then search and select your Galaxy Alpha from the Wi-Fi networks list.
- Use your Alpha's mobile data connection to access the Internet on the connected device.
How to use USB Tethering on Galaxy Alpha
In some cases, installation of additional drivers may be necessary to tether your phone to your computer. But usually, drivers will install automatically. If not, then please visit Samsung website and get to your phone's page for downloading of additional drivers.
- Tap on Apps from the Home screen.
- Tap on Settings.
- Select Tethering and Mobile hotspot.
- Connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Place a check mark on USB tethering.
- When both devices are connected, get to your computer then try using your phone's mobile data connection to access the Internet.