Master Reset (also called Hard Reset) is one of the most important procedures you should learn if your own Samsung Galaxy Note 5, or any Android smartphone for that matter, because it will bring the phone back to its factory default settings, get rid of the security blocks to gain back control in case you forgot them, reformat the data partition to get rid of corrupt data and files, give the phone a fresh start, and the list of benefits goes on and on.
That said, here's how you perform a master reset on your new Galaxy Note 5…
- Turn your Galaxy Note 5 off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and the Power key simultaneously.
- When the phone vibrates, release the Power and the Home keys but continue holding the Volume Up key.
- When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up key.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight the option 'wipe data / factory reset.'
- Now press the Power key to select it.
- Press the Volume Down key a few times until the option 'Yes -- delete all user data' is highlighted.
- Press the Power key one to reset the phone.
- Wait for the phone to finish the reset.
- Once complete, choose the option 'Reboot system now.'
- Press the Power key one more time to reboot your phone.
We do hope this post can help you. Have a great day and we wish you all the best. Thanks for reading!