1. Charge your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to a power outlet using the USB cable that came with the device and Apple USB power adapter, for the quickest charge.
- You should see a small lightning icon next to the battery icon when its connected to a power source. That indicates your device is properly charging. If you don't see it, check and ensure the phone is properly connected to the charger.
- Use a different charger cable or power adapter, if available.
- Be sure the wall outlet is working fine. You can try to plug in another device and see if that works, otherwise, try a different outlet.
- Try to plug into another power source a computer USB port, car charger, or other compatible USB-powered device available.
- Check and ensure the case or accessory is not preventing the charger cable from connecting to the device. Try to remove the case and charge again.
- Check the charger port and make sure there is no lint or other debris clogging. Also make sure the port is not loose or damaged.
- Make sure you are using Apple-approved charger and that the cable and USB power adapter are provided by the OEM or are certified compatible with your iPhone. Manufacturer-approved accessories typically have the Apple logo printed on the label.