This guide is intended only for iPhone owners who need help in restoring an iCloud Backup on iPhone 5 16GB handsets.
The use of this guide is optional, thus, we at sebertech will not be held responsible for any adverse outcome or problem that may exist during or after doing the process. Nevertheless, it is very unlikely for a device to get damaged if all steps are carefully and precisely followed as mentioned in this page.
Here is how to restore an iPhone from an iCloud Backup:
IMPORTANT: In order to get started, be sure to connect your iPhone device to a Wi-Fi network. Note that the restoration process of an iPhone from an iCloud Backup can only be done during the initial setup of the device.
1. Unlock the screen by tapping and sliding the arrow icon on your handset.
2. Be sure to select the correct language, then tap the Next arrow. (Just put a check on the language you prefer)
3. Be sure to select the correct region or country, then tap the Next arrow. (Just put a check on the correct country/region)
4. Select the desired Wi-Fi network by tapping on it. If you are prompted with a screen that asks for a network password, enter the correct network password and then tap Join.
5. Wait until the Wi-Fi network is set up and then tap Next.
6. You will be prompted with Location Services. Tap the Location Services option you preferred and then tap the Next button.
7. Tap on the Restore from iCloud Backup option and then tap the Next button.
Note: If your device was activated through Cellular Network or iTunes, then you will be prompted with an option to connect to a Wi-Fi network. Just tap on OK and connect to a Wi-Fi network by following the prompts until you get through iCloud restoration.
8. You will then be prompted with a screen for you to sign in. Use your Apple ID and tap on the Sign In with an Apple ID button.
9. Enter your valid Apple ID and Password and then tap the Next button to proceed.
10. You will see the Terms and Conditions Screen. Read on it and the tap on the Agree button to continue.
11. The Terms and Condition message box will show up. Tap on Agree to get to the next screen.
12. You see the list of backups on your handset. Tap the backup you want to restore, and then tap the Restore button. Wait until the system is done restoring from backup. Once done, your phone will restart.
13. Tap on Slide to Unlock button. If in case you will be prompted with a screen asking for the FaceTime Password, enter the correct information and tap the Log In button to continue. If you will be asked to enter the iMessage Password, key in the correct information and tap the Log In button to proceed.
14. A message box containing Restoring from Backup details will show up. Tap on the OK button. This action will confirm and complete the restoration process.
You now have successfully restored your 16GB iPhone 5 from an iCloud Backup.