Posted by Matt Seber on Tuesday, May 28, 2013
There are different causes of freezing problems in Samsung Galaxy S2. Freezes and lags have always been the most common problems for this phone. Luckily, only a small percentage of users reported to have damaged devices. It means, these problems can be fixed by simple troubleshooting procedures and that’s what we’re going to present in this post.
Here are the different causes of freezes and lags in Galaxy S2:
While Samsung had a good intention of installing its proprietary interface onto Galaxy S2, it failed to impress enthusiasts simply because it has always been the primary cause of the freezes experienced by users. Fortunately, there is a solution to this problem, here’s how:
1. If your phone is unresponsive, pop the back panel.
2. Take the battery out for a moment, then re-insert.
3. Turn the phone on.
4. From the Home screen, tap the Menu key.
5. Choose Settings.
6. Touch Applications Manager.
7. Tap All tab.
8. Scroll to and tap TW.
9. Tap Clear Data and Clear Cache. (Note that all your custom home screens will be deleted just by doing this procedure.)
So far, this is the best way we found to resolve the freezing problems on Galaxy S2 caused by TouchWiz. If the freezing persists, consider other procedures. Maybe it’s not the TW that’s causing the problem.