As you know, the Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with hundreds of new features, most of them useless, so you can expect it takes up a lot of its internal memory or RAM to keep all of them running. The more services / features run, the slower the phone becomes. It is, therefore, imperative to manage or reduce the use of RAM to keep the handset running at optimum speed.
Here’s one tip, if you feel like your Galaxy S4 is slowing (in terms of performance), take a minute every day to reboot (restart) your phone. There is a lot of problems that could be resolved by this very simple procedure including lags, hangs and freezes. Above all, reboots can also make all necessary services run again in case they’ve been accidentally stopped. Aside from this procedure, here are things you can do to manage the use of RAM.
Replace / Disable Live WallpaperYes, live wallpaper does eat up internal memory not to mention it sometimes causes lags. One of the ways to optimize Galaxy S4′s performance is to disable live wallpaper. Here’s how you do it:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Choose Set Wallpaper.
- Touch Homescreen.
- Tap either Wallpaper or Gallery.
- You can either replace the live wallpaper with a static one or not use any wallpaper at all.
Remove WidgetsYou should know that animated widgets and those that use the internet to update information use internal memory the most. While Galaxy S4 is a powerful device, many of the widgets you may be using right now hinders it to perform at the maximum. Here’s how you can remove widgets:
- Navigate to a Home screen you want widgets removed.
- Touch and hold on the widget.
- Drag it over Remove and release your finger to remove the widget from the home screen.
Get Rid Of Unused Home ScreensJust so you know, anything that runs on your Galaxy S4 eat up RAM even if they are unused home screens. That is a good reason you need to remove them. Here’s how…
- From an unused Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Choose Edit Page.
- Tap and hold the Home screen you want deleted.
- Drag it over Remove and release your finger.
- Confirm your action by tapping OK.