This guide will walk you through troubleshooting email problems with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 (AT&T variant).
Use this guide if you are using any of these e-mail types POP3, IMAP, or Corporate account.
Follow the steps below to check if you have an Active Internet Connection first.
- Check the data coverage indicator.
- Ensure that flight mode is disabled.
- Power cycle the device and Check SIM (if applicable).
- If NO icon is present, contact the carrier to determine if there is a network outage in the area.
- If the indicator is present, proceed with troubleshooting the type of protocol you are using below.
POP3/IMAPTo troubleshoot POP3/IMAP email accounts, follow these steps:
- Check to see if this is the only device that is configured to receive email.
- Verify login credentials by logging on using webmail through a browser from your device.
- Send a test message from webmail and verify that the message was sent and/or received.
- Logout from webmail.
- On the mobile device, verify incoming and/or outgoing server settings using the credentials you just used on webmail.
- Send a test message from the device to the same address used in step 3.
- If you are still not able to send and/or receive the message, click below for step to Reset Email Application / Clear Data for email account(s).
Corporate E-MailTo troubleshoot a Corporate email account, follow these steps:
- Verify login credentials. (If your login credentials cannot be verified, contact your company IT for further assistance.)
- Check to see if the sync feature is enabled for Email.
- Ensure proper sync settings are configured.
- Try manually syncing the email account.
- Power cycle the device.
- If you are still not able to send and/or receive the message, click below for steps to Reset Email Application / Clear Data for email account(s).
Reset Email Application / Clear Data for email account(s)To reset the email application or clear data for all email accounts, follow these steps:
NOTE: The following steps will reset all email accounts on the device.
- Select Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All
- Scroll and select Email > Clear Data (Clearing data will remove all personal accounts and settings.)
- Re-enter account information.
- If you are still not able to send and/or receive email, contact your company's IT department for further assistance.