This post will guide you on how to setup your new Samsung Galaxy Note 3. But basically, what you need to do is turn off things you don't need and turn on those that might be helpful to you. Moreover, you need to make sure your new phone would have the correct time, date and language. Here are the things you can do make sure your GN3 usage will be smooth-sailing.
Follow The Setup Wizard
Before anything else, make sure you insert both the battery and the SIM card then follow the following procedure.
- Turn the phone on.
- Touch English if that's the language you want to use on your phone, otherwise swipe up or down to find your language.
- People with sight and hearing problems are advised to tap Accessibility to adjust accessibility settings.
- Touch the Next button.
- If you want to learn more about WiFi calling, tap Learn More, otherwise, tap Skip.
- If necessary, choose a WiFi network to connect, otherwise tap Skip.
- Setup or sign in with your Samsung or Google account.
- You may read 'Google & location' information. To clear the check boxes and turn location reporting off, tap the check boxes.
- Tap Next.
- Now enter your name.
- Tap Next.
- You may now login or create your Dropbox account. Or, you can just tap 'No thanks' to open an account later.
- Tap 'Enable easy mode setup' if you want to turn easy mode on.
- Tap Finish.
- If prompted, tap Yes to update your Samsung account, otherwise, tap No.
- Take time to read the 'System Manager Application' info. Tap More info if you want to read more or Close to close it.
- Read the tip then tap OK.
- You will be brought to the Home screen.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has now been setup successfully.
Turn Developer Options Off
If you are not a developer then you don't need to turn this feature on. More often it causes errors when you're connecting the phone to a computer, red border might appear on the screen, etc. To turn it off, follow this procedure:
- Press the Home button to go back to the Home screen.
- Touch the Menu key and tap Settings.
- Tap the General tab, then Developer Options.
- Tap the Developer options toggle switch off and it would be greyed out.
Update Time & Date
You can choose whether to use the device's default time and date settings or change them according to your preference. But note that the default setting for your device is to automatically update the time zone.
- Go back to the Home screen and tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings then the General tab.
- Tap Date and Time.
- Tap Automatic time zone to select the check box.
- Tap Automatic date and time to select the check box.
- Tap the Menu key from the Home screen.
- Tap Settings, then the General tab.
- Tap Date and Time.
- Tap Automatic date and time to enable 'Set date' and 'Set time' options.
- Set your date then tap Set when finished.
- Set your time then tap Set when finished.
Questions answered by this guide
- How to setup Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
- How to turn on/off the Developer Options on Galaxy Note 3?
- How can I change the language on my GN3?
- How can I set or change the date and time on my Note 3?
- I just got my Galaxy Note 3, what should I do with it?
Problems with your Galaxy Note 3?
You may have just bought your Galaxy Note 3 but if you're experiencing problems you don't know how to fix, do send us an email at email@example.com and will find solutions, or at least explain, to your problem. By the way, if this guide helped in some way, please share it. Thanks.