Set up and activate your iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus now and get full access to all integrated functions and features on the new Apple smartphone.There are different ways to activate your new iPhone 6/ 6 Plus-- over a Wi-Fi network, with iPhone 4s or later, or over your carrier's cellular network. The third method may not be available in all areas though. And in some cases, you may need to connect your new iPhone to a computer and use iTunes for device setup and activation.
Important Tips to Avoid Problem during Setup or Activation
- Connecting iPhone to a
- Internet connection
- PC or Mac with a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port
- OS version for PC or Mac computer must be OS X version 10.6.8 or later, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP Home or Professional with SP3 or later, or Windows 8
- Connecting iPhone to a Wi-Fi
- Select a network to connect to - To choose a network, tap on any of the available wireless networks. If prompted, enter the password to access the selected network.
- Ask to join networks - When enabled, this option will prompt whenever a Wi-Fi network is available. If you don't like, then you may opt to manually join a network if a previously used network is not available.
- Forget a network - This option is used to forget or remove the network you've previously connected to. To forget a network, tap next to your previously used network, then tap Forget this Network.
- Join a closed Wi-Fi network - You can find this option under Other. Tap Other, then key in the name of the closed network. You may be required to enter the network name, security type and password for this network.
- Adjust Wi-Fi network settings - To adjust a Wi-Fi network's settings, tap next to a network and then setup or configure options such as HTTP proxy, BootP, static network settings, and DHCP server. You can also set up your own Wi-fi network if you want.