Customize iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus Home screen [Basic Guide]
You can change the Home screen interface by re-arranging apps, adding new Home screen, adding/organizing folders, changing the wallpaper, adjusting screen brightness or magnifying screen display, and make your iPhone 6/6 Plus Home screen appear just the way you like it.
In this guide, you'll learn the basics on how to get any of the aforesaid methods done and help you customize the Home screen of your new iPhone device.
Read on to learn more.
- Re-arrange Apps. You can re-arrange the Home screen apps depending on your choice. Here's how:
- Get to the Home screen.
- Touch and hold any of the Home screen apps until it jiggles.
- Drag the app to an area where you want it to be placed. You can drag it to the edge of the screen and movie it to a different Home screen.
- Save your arrangement by pressing the Home button when done.
- Add new Home screen. You can have more Home screens on your iPhone. Here's how:
- Drag an app to the right edge of the last Home screen while arranging apps.
- View the dots above the Dock to see how many screens you have including the current screen you're in.
Another way to customize the iPhone 6/6 Plus Home screen is using iTunes. In this case, you will have to connect your iPhone to a computer beforehand, then follow these steps:
- Open/launch iTunes on your computer.
- Select iPhone.
- Click on Apps.
- On your iPhone, get to Settings.
- Select General.
- Tap Reset.
- Select Reset Home Screen to reset the Home screen and apps to their default/original layout. You will also see all added folders are removed and the original wallpaper is restored.
- Add/organize folder. Adding folders on the Home screen is a quicker way to access certain apps on your iPhone. Follow these steps:
- To create a folder, drag one app onto another while arranging apps.
- Rename the folder by tapping the folder name.
- Now drag apps to add or remove them from that folder.
- When you're done, press the Home button.
Among other actions you can do in the Home screen, include adding multiple pages of apps in a folder, delete a folder, or drag out all apps to let the folder delete automatically.
- Changing Wallpaper. This is one common thing you do when you opt to personalize your Home screen. You can set your desired image or photo as wallpapers for your iPhone's lock screen or Home screen. You can use either dynamic or still images as wallpaper. Here's how to change the wallpaper on your new iPhone 6/6 Plus:
- Go to Settings.
- Select Wallpaper.
- Choose a New Wallpaper.
You can use the Perspective Zoom button when choosing an image for new wallpaper. It will help you determine whether your chosen wallpaper is zoomed.
To access the Perspective Zoom button on a wallpaper that you've already set is zoomed, you can get to the Wallpaper setting, then tap the image of the Lock screen or Home screen.
The Perspective Zoom button will only become visible if Reduce Motion option under Accessibility Settings is turned OFF or disabled. So if you are not seeing this button, you already know where to go and what to do then.
- Adjust screen brightness. You can change your iPhone's screen brightness and set it to your desired level. To save or extend battery life, we recommend you to dim the screen or use Auto-brightness instead. Here's how to adjust the screen brightness on your new iPhone 6.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Display & Brightness.
- Tap on View below the Display Zoom.
- Select Zoomed.
- Tap on Set.
And that covers this guide on the basics of customizing Home screen on the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 smartphones. A more detailed guide about the Home screen features mentioned in this content will be offered in the next relevant posts. Please keep posted for more iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus tutorials and troubleshooting guides on this site.