Apple was the first one to integrate fingerprint scanning technology to unlock its devices and authorize transactions and purchases from the iTunes store, App store and iBooks store. We've seen other devices having this feature but they are more of a niche feature than anything else.
You may have seen some iPhone 6 Plus versus Galaxy S5 memes online. Well, many of them speaks the truth about which device has a better fingerprint scanner.
Below is a simple procedure on how to setup your Touch ID on your iPhone 6 Plus that is running iOS 7.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Find and tap Touch ID & Passcode.
- Touch Add a fingerprint.
- Read the basic information about Touch ID.
- Repeatedly lift and place your finger on the Home button until the fingerprint on the screen turns red.
- Read the information and touch the Home button to continue.
- Again, lift and place your finger on the Home button repeatedly until the fingerprint turns red.
- Touch Continue.
- Now, nominate a four-digit passcode that you will use in case Touch ID fails to unlock your iPhone 6 Plus.
- Re-enter your passcode to confirm.
- Your Touch ID has been set.
You may now try to lock and unlock your iPhone using your fingerprint. Also, if you want, you can add another fingerprint and follow the same procedure.