There are some requirements that must be met for you to view videos or other media files from your Samsung Galaxy S5 to a television using an HDMI cable including the following:
- The HDTV must be compatible with viewing videos or other media from your Galaxy S5 device using the HDTV adapter. Most digital rights management-contents cannot be viewed or displayed using the HDTV adapter. It is also possible that your HDTV will not display an image when connecting the HDTV adapter to a desktop dock.
- Refer to your television manual to ensure correct HDMI settings.
- You will need an HDMI cable and an HDTV adapter to connect your Galaxy S5 to your television. Both of these are sold separately from your S5 device.
Once you've got all the requirements checked and secured, you may now start to connect your phone to your television. Here's how:
Connect using the HDTV adapter
1. Connect one end of the universal HDMI cable into the HDTV adapter.
2. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your television. Make sure the TV input settings have the right HDMI port selected. Please refer to your television manual to get more information.
3. To ensure you will not run out of battery while viewing videos or media contents, connect your travel charger to the HDTV adapter and then to a power source. You may skip this step if you think your phone has enough battery though.
4. Next, connect the HDTV adapter connector into the accessory or power interface connector on your phone. This is the same port you normally used to connect your travel charger.
Once the HDTV adapter connector is properly connected to your phone's power/accessory interface, your television screen will instantly display what is on your phone's Home screen.
All the required equipment can be purchased from the Samsung E-Store or other electrical retailers.