We've just got an email from a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 owner concerning an issue about OK Google, particularly on the S Voice and "Always ON" features that are not working at the same time right after upgrading their device to Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. After digging some forum posts and threads on relevant concerns, we've found a recommended fix for this problem.
Read on to learn how to get this problem solved.
"After I update my Note 4 to Android 5.0 Lollipop, I noticed that when I tried to use OK Google, the "Always On" function is somehow deactivated or disabled. Same thing with the S Voice feature is not working at the same time. I'm wondering if you could help me set my device to use OK Google in the Always ON mode again. Thanks in advance."
This problem is currently plaguing a number of Galaxy Note 4 users and appears to be among the post-update issues affecting many.
For those who are having the same problems with their Note 4 device, you may refer to the following workarounds we've got to help you fix it.
In order to use the OK Google in Always On Mode, you will need to disable the S Voice app in your Galaxy Note 4's Application Manager and then restart the device afterward.
Hint: After the S Voice is disabled, you will see that the "Always ON option" is replaced by "From any screen."
Follow these steps to fix the problem:
1. Tap Apps from the Home screen.
2. Tap Settings to get to the Settings menu.
3. Under Settings, you will be prompted with several options. Scroll to Application Manager under Applications.
4. From the Application Manager screen, drag right to left until "ALL" is shown or displayed.
5. Scroll to and tap S Voice to continue.
6. Tap Disable to disable S Voice application.
7. Tap OK from the Disable built-in apps pop-up screen.
8. Restart your device.
9. After restarting, tap Apps to get back to the Apps menu.
10. Tap Google Settings.
11. From the Google Settings screen, scroll to and tap on Search & Now option.
12. Tap Voice to continue.
13. Tap OK Google Detection from the list of Voice options.
14. From the OK Google Detection screen, tap the radio button next to “From any screen” option to turn it on or enabled.
And that should do it!