Learn how to fix a GS7/GS7 Edge screen that does not rotate with these quick workarounds:
If your phone's screen doesn't rotate, ensure the screen rotation feature is enabled on your device. To check, follow these steps:
1. Open the Quick Settings menu by swiping down from the top of the screen.
2. Locate the Auto Rotate icon.
- If the screen rotations icon is showing two rotating arrows, then it means it's enabled. But if the icon shows with a lock, that means the feature is disabled and therefore needs to be turned on to enable screen rotation function as well.
- You may need to scroll left or right to see the Auto rotation icon.
- If you don't see the Auto rotate option, tap on the Expand icon represented by a dropdown arrow, to show a full list of available options.
- If the problem just show up while using certain apps, try to close and restart the app, and then reboot your phone as well.
The latest version of Android OS -- Android 6.0 Marshmallow integrates a new feature that allows you to lock the phone screen rotation temporarily. This can be done by keeping a finger on the screen while turning the phone. To allow the screen to rotate, all you need is to release the finger.