Google Pixel is deemed a worthy rival to Apple's newest iPhone 7 and Samsung's Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge smartphones. For those who just made a switch from other brands and need help setting up or removing an email account to or from this new Android phone, this content might be able to help.
Just like what is offered in any other smartphones, the Google Pixel phone also allows you to add various types of email accounts. Once you've added your account, any information associated with that account will automatically sync with your device. You will also need to set up an account on this device in order for you to get apps from the Google Play Store. If you are using your device with multiple users, be sure to sign in to the correct account before changing any account information.
Note: The following steps are also applicable to other Android devices running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or higher versions.
Adding an Account to your Google Pixel Phone1. Open your device Settings app.
2. Go to Personal tab.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Select the option to Add account.
5. Tap to select the type of account you want to add.
- Tap Google if you want to add your Google Account. Once you sign in to your device using a Google account, the contacts, email, calendar events and other data associated with that account will be synced with your phone automatically.
- Tap Personal (IMAP) or Personal (POP3), to add a different personal account. Generally, you would select IMAP or POP3 should you wish to access your email through Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail.
7. You may need to enter your phone's pattern, PIN, or password for security purposes when adding accounts.
You can also create a temporary guest or separate user if you would let your friends lend your phone. A separate post containing the steps on the process will soon be made available in this site.
Removing an Account from your Google Pixel PhoneHere are the steps on how to remove unwanted or unnecessary accounts from your Pixel phone, when needed. Once the account has been removed, every information associated with that account such as email, contacts, and settings will also be deleted from your device. Here's how:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Go to Personal.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Tap to select the account you want to remove. If it is a Google Account, tap Google.
5. Tap More or the three dots icon.
6. Select Remove account.
You would need to enter your phone's pattern, PIN, or password for security, especially if this is the only Google account set up on your device.