One of the many good things about mobile devices, particularly smartphones is the fact that they have a reset button to press on whenever things go entirely wrong. If you own a Cherry Mobile Flare S8 Pro or any other Cherry Mobile smartphones that run on the same Android platform, this post highlights the main reset options you can do on the phone.
Read on to view a step-by-step reset demonstration.
DRM Reset Cherry Mobile Flare S8 Pro
Android devices including the Cherry Mobile S8 Pro integrate DRM framework and licenses in apps to gain benefits that safeguard their best interests.
The DRM or Digital Rights Management framework on Android devices makes the use of DRM licenses possible and likewise executes the license terms established by developers.
A DRM License Reset deletes all the DRM licenses that are stored on your smartphone. This thereby prevents all your purchased digital products from connecting to the internet to check if the purchase is legitimate or not.
Performing a DRM reset is highly recommended when you're selling your phone.
And this is how to do this reset on the Cherry Mobile Flare S8 Pro.
- To begin, open the Settings app either from the Home screen or through the notification panel. In this demo, we’ll go for the first method.
- While on the Settings menu, tap System to access the system settings of your device.
- To proceed, locate and then select Reset options.
- Another menu opens with a list of all reset options you can do on your device.
- Select DRM reset.
The phone’s DRM settings are now restored to defaults.
Network Reset Cherry Mobile Flare S8 Pro
Performing a network reset deletes all current network settings and then restores the default or original values. When you do a network reset on your phone, all saved Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth connections, VPNs, and cellular connections are removed.
This reset is often recommended when dealing with network-related problems, particularly those that are attributed to incorrect or invalid network configurations.
And here's how it's done on the Cherry Mobile Flare S8 Pro:
- Go to Settings.
- From the Settings menu, scroll down and then tap System.
- Tap Reset options to continue.
- Then select Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & bluetooth from the given options.
Wait for your phone to finish resetting the network settings and then get back to its original network state.
You will need to set up the Wi-Fi network to get your phone reconnected to the Internet.
Reset App Preferences Cherry Mobile Flare S8 Pro
Resetting app preferences usually come handy when any of your apps get buggy. This reset does not affect any saved data on the phone so there's no need to worry about losing important files afterwards.
To reset app preferences on your Cherry Mobile phone, just follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- From the Settings menu, tap System.
- Select Reset options to continue.
- Then, tap Reset app preferences.
- If prompted, tap Reset Apps to confirm.
Performing this reset will clear all the default apps and allows you to use another app without uninstalling the default app.
The changes will be applied to all installed apps on your device so the default preferences for all the installed apps will be reset. All the disabled apps will be re-enabled after the reset.
Factory Reset Cherry Mobile Flare S8 Pro
A factory reset can be regarded as the ultimate reset that you may consider doing whenever things go wrong and nothing seems to get your device rectified. As the name implies, this reset will erase everything from your device including saved data, customized settings, and downloaded apps. That said, creating a backup is highly recommended beforehand.
Should you find the need to factory reset your Cherry Mobile phone, back up all your important files then follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap System.
- Tap Reset Options to proceed.
- Read and review the reset information and then tap the Reset Phone button at the bottom section.
- If prompted, enter your device pattern to continue.
- Then, tap Erase Everything to confirm factory reset.
Your device will then start erasing all your personal information and downloaded applications.
After the factory reset, all the default or original settings and system services are restored.
This means that you need to set up the phone again so that you can start downloading your apps from the Play Store and use your device as usual.
Hope this helps!
Check out this VIDEO to view an actual step-by-step demo of these resets.