Many Samsung Galaxy S3 owners are complaining that they cannot connect to the internet after they have updated their phone the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The problem is not really serious but it’s very annoying considering internet connectivity is very important especially to people who needs to be updated up to the minute. Here are some of the common Galaxy S3 connectivity problems after 4.3 update:
- Cannot detect Wi-Fi networks
- Wi-Fi keeps dropping
- Wi-Fi toggle switch is grayed out
- Mobile data cannot be enabled
- Unable to receive good service
- Galaxy S3 switches from Wi-Fi to mobile data
Ways to resolve these problems
- Turn off both Wi-Fi and mobile data.
- While the phone is on, remove the battery.
- With battery removed, press and hold the phone’s Power button to discharge electronic components of stored electricity.
- Place the battery back and turn the phone on.
- Try to see if the problem with your Galaxy S3 is still there.
- If the problem persists, turn the phone off again and boot to Recovery Mode.
- When in Recovery Mode, high ‘wipe cache partition’ and press the Power button to select it.
- Reboot the phone and observe if the problem is still there. If so, there’s no other option but to follow the next step.
- Perform a Factory Reset (others call it Master Reset or Hard Reset). This will bring the phone back to its original settings without reverting back to previous Android version.
- If all else fails, call your service provider and seek help from their technical support.