This post will walk you through discovering what makes your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 runs very slow or perform poorly.
Just like any other smartphone or tablet, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 has a tendency to slow down a bit after months of use. Some owners revealed the performance of their device deteriorated noticeably. Others said there are times when it hangs or freezes while they’re using it. It’s not really a serious problem but if you were used to using a fast device, it would annoying to experience some lags especially when you’re in the middle of doing something important or watching media.
Again, it is not a serious problem and there are some fixes and workarounds users can do. The first thing they should do, however, is to do a reboot or restart just to freshen up the device and what’s in it. I cannot overemphasize the importance of this step but in most cases, reboots can help a lot in solving internal errors and problems in a device. So, before doing any troubleshooting steps, make sure you have already rebooted or soft reset your tablet. Here’s how to soft-reset it:
Soft Reset Procedure
- Press and hold the POWER button.
- Release the button when the screen turns off.
- Wait for your tablet to get rebooted.
- See if it is now running like it was before.
Every time your tablet runs apps and everything in it, a ton of data are cached and stored in its memory. Over time, these data will build up and others may become corrupt causing some errors. Therefore, it is also necessary clear cache from time to time to help speed up your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
Clear Cache Procedure
- Determine which apps you use more often.
- Once you knew the most used apps, that’s where you start clearing caches.
- One-by-one, go to the Settings page of the apps you were using most of the times and tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache buttons.
Note: Clearing Data means you’re deleting your personal settings including levels or stages you’ve finished in game apps. Whereas, clearing cache means you’re deleting stored app data in the memory but not your personal settings.
Other things you can do to help speed up your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 are the following:
- Close all unnecessary apps running in the background. Find the Force Close button in every app’s Settings page.
- Make sure there is enough storage space. Low storage space will bring you troubles for sure.
- Minimize on use of your widgets. These little apps actually eat up a lot of RAM when run together.
- Try uninstalling recently installed apps to see if they contributed to the deterioration of your tablet’s performance.
Discovering the underlying cause why your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 runs very slow is one way to prevent similar problems in the future.