Scenario: I’m wondering if you could help me solve an annoying problem I have with my Samsung Galaxy S3 play store server. It’s been a couple of months now since I tried to access Google play store server with my phone but I keep getting a server error message. Usually, the message prompted on a grey screen.
I can’t remember a time that I’d changed anything on my GS3 phone settings that’s why I’m wondering how I got this error.
In an attempt to get this problem resolved with my own, I tried to clear the cache, restarted my phone and then uninstalled the updates. But still, it didn’t work out. I also contacted the tech support and all they told me to do was the same thing I did, clearing the cache and rebooting the phone. Appreciate if you have any workarounds for this one.
Solution:Follow these steps to fix this problem:
1. On your Galaxy S3 menu, go to Settings, then select Apps, then All, and finally Google Play Store.
2. Under Google Play Store, press the Clear Data option and then Force Stop.
3. Go back to Settings again, and then Apps, then select All, and then locate Google services framework from the sorted list. In case you cannot find Google Services Framework from the sorted list, try to scroll right to the bottom of the list. Sometimes, this item is disabled. If it is disabled, you need to enable it first, so you can proceed to the next step.
4. Under Google Services Framework, clear data and then Force stop.
5. Go back to Settings, then Apps, and then All.
6. From the All menu, locate and select Download Manager and the select Clear Data.
After doing all the aforementioned procedures, turn off your Galaxy S3 phone for about 60 seconds and then turn it back on. Try to access Google Play Store this time and it should be working fine. If by all means, the above given solution won’t solve your problem, please contact the Support Team again so your issue will be escalated to the appropriate support team.