Are you one of those Galaxy S5 users who's having problem about the device not responding when you touch anywhere on the screen? If so, then this content is right for you.
This article contains the recommended procedures/workarounds to deal with unresponsive screen problem with the Galaxy S5 smartphone. Read on to learn what needs to be done when encountering this particular problem on your device.
Note: These methods can also be applied to other mobile devices that do not respond to screen touches.
Determining Possible Causes
There are several factors that could trigger such problem to occur on the device, including the following:
1. Wet hands or lotion was just applied to hands.
2. Accessories like screen protector or a case, causing the screen to be unresponsive to touches.
3. Physical or liquid damage is present on the device. If you have had it exposed to moisture, got wet or perhaps, accidentally dropped your phone, then it is possible that a physical or liquid damage is present and is somehow causing touchscreen problem on the device.
4. Third-party app is causing the device not to respond.
We suggest you begin troubleshooting based on the aforesaid possible causes. These are the things you should do first.
1. Make sure you dry your hands or remove any lotions from your hands before using your phone.
2. Remove any accessories like a screen protector or case and test to see if your device screen would respond to your touch this time.
3. Gently clean the screen with a dry cloth to remove any excess dirt or oils that could possible cause the device screen to become unresponsive.
4. Uninstall third-party/incompatible applications that may likely cause the problem. An indication that the problem is due to certain apps, is when it happens when a certain app is opened or running in the background. If this is the case, uninstall the app.
5. If you think, physical or liquid damage is present on your device, then we suggest you first take your phone to an authorized Samsung service center in your area and have the technician check or fix it.
If after performing the above procedures and the phone is still unresponsive to touches, proceed with the next troubleshooting steps:
Perform a soft reset.
Remove the battery with the device still turned on. Wait until about 30 seconds, then re-insert the battery and turn the device back on. Now try if the screen already responds to your touch.
If the problem still persists, your last resort would be a factory data reset. You may refer to our previous article on how to perform factory data reset or hard reset an unresponsive Galaxy S5 to walk you through the entire process.