To share and view media files from your Note 3 to a television display, you will need to connect your phone to any HDTV using either the Samsung HomeSync or AllShare Cast Wireless Hub. Or, if you have a supported Samsung Smart TV, you can just connect your phone directly to the television and then start screen mirroring.
Follow this steps to enable and use screen mirroring on your Galaxy Note 3 using any of the following methods:
A. Using a Smart TV
You may choose to connect your phone directly to any of the 2013 Samsung Smart TV releases. Here's how:
1. Get your Smart TV's remote control and press Input. On the TV's display, select Screen mirroring.
2. After you have enabled screen mirroring on your Smart TV, get to your Galaxy Note 3 and proceed with the following steps:
3. Touch Menu.
4. Select Settings.
5. Touch Connections.
6. Select Screen Mirroring.
7. Touch the slider to turn Screen Mirroring feature ON. An indication that the feature is on is when the switch color appears green. It has to be that way.
8. Touch to select your Smart TV from the given list of available devices.
Your phone should now be connected and your screen will automatically be shared to your Smart TV. You will know if you have made a successful connection, if you see the screen mirroring connection icon
on the top of the screen in the notifications area.
B. Using AllShare Cast Wireless Hub
Another way to use screen mirroring and share your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 screen is using the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub, to connect your phone to an HDTV (in case you don't have a Samsung Smart TV). Follow these steps to connect the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub to your HDTV:
1. Connect the travel charger on the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub to the power socket. You should then see the status indicator turns red after about three to four seconds.
2. Get the HDMI cable and connect it to the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub and the other end to your HDTV.
3. ON your HDTV, change the source input to match the input port being used by the HDMI cable.
4. When you see the status indicator starts to blink red, press the Reset button. After that, you should see the status indicator appear blue.
5. Now get to your Galaxy Note 3.
6. Touch Menu.
7. Select Settings.
8. Touch Connections.
9. Select Screen Mirroring.
10. Touch the slider to turn screen mirroring on or enabled.
11. This time, select the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub from the list of available devices, and then you should see the name will show on your HDTV.
Allow your phone to connect to your HDTV and the screen will be automatically shared.
If the connection is successful, you should see the screen mirroring connection icon on the upper display in notifications area.
Please note that you can only pair one device with the wireless hub at a time. If you want to connect another device to the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub, press and hold the Reset button until you see the status indicator turns red. And then repeat the same steps mentioned above.
Enable/Use Screen Mirroring on the HomeSync device screen
Follow these steps to enable and use screen mirroring feature on a Samsung HomeSync device:
1. Open the HomeSync app on your phone. If you still don't have the app, you can get it from the Samsung Apps store, and then install it on your Galaxy Note 3.
2. Touch Menu.
3. Select Screen Mirroring. After you select and enabled the feature, your phone's screen will now show on the TV or monitor.
If you want to disconnect from Screen Mirroring, just open the Notification Panel on your Galaxy Note 3 and then touch Screen Mirroring is enabled. Doing so will disconnect or exit your device from screen mirroring.
To stop the connection and disable screen mirroring, touch the slider to OFF.
Enable/Use Screen Mirroring from a device with no HomeSync App
You still can use screen mirroring from a device, even without the HomeSync App. Here's how:
1. Touch to open Apps on the HomeSync device, then select Screen Mirroring.
You will then be prompted with on-screen instructions from your HomeSync device on how to activate Screen Mirroring on your Samsung device. Just follow these prompts to complete the process.
2. Now, activate or enable Screen Mirroring on your Galaxy Note 3, and choose your HomeSync device from the list of devices available.
You should then see the name of your HomeSync device showing at the bottom of the instructions shown on your HDTV or monitor. After doing all that, you can now start mirror your phone screen to your HDTV or monitor.
And that's all on how to use Screen Mirroring on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 device.