There are different ways to back up files from a mobile device like the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Among the most commonly used is the cloud storage called Google Drive -- a free online storage offered by Google.
With Google Drive, you can access all your files from your mobile devices or computer and view your stuff anywhere. It's like wherever you go, your files follow.
For iPhone 6 / 6 Plus owners who haven't tried using the Google Drive file storage yet, we'll help you get started with this quick guide.
Just follow these simple steps:
1. Go to the Home screen.
2. Tap Google Drive to open the My Drive screen.
3. From the My Drive screen, tap the Add (+) icon located on the upper-right corner.
4. Scroll to and tap to select Upload Photos or Videos from the list of Add to my Drive options.
5. If you're prompted to allow Drive to access photos, tap OK to proceed.
6. Next, tap any album you prefer under Albums.
7. Tap to select the files you want to upload, then tap the Check icon on the upper-right corner of the screen to continue.
8. Wait for your phone upload all the selected files to Google Drive.
You may now try to access and view your recently uploaded files from Google Drive.
In November of last year, a new version of Drive has been rolled out by Google for its Drive app for iPhone and iPad users. The update added support for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus as well some new features of iOS 8.
Along with full iOS compatibility and bug fixes, performance enhancements from the said update also included the Touch ID system, allowing iOS device users o unlock the Google Drive file storage app using the fingerprint scanner. It also features an extension to "open form and save to Drive in other apps" for iOS 8 users. In addition, users can now save videos from Drive to the Photos app.
Free and paid versions of the Google Drive file storage app is available from the App Store.