- From the Home screen, touch Apps.
- Scroll to and touch Settings.
- Tap My Device, then the Lock Screen option.
- Now tap on Screen Lock and touch Face Unlock.
- A warning message pops-up, read it and tap Next.
- Touch Set It Up button, then Continue.
- You will see a dotted circle on the screen. Hold the phone steadily and make sure your face appears inside the circle.
- The phone captures your face, tap Continue.
- Now create a backup security option so that you can still unlock the phone in case it won’t unlock using the Face Unlock. Choose between pattern and PIN.
- That’s it. Face Unlock has been setup. You can try unlocking your phone using your face to know if it works.
Posted by Matt Seber on Thursday, May 2, 2013
Face Unlock is one of the cool security features the new Samsung Galaxy S4 offers. While many mobile users aren’t new to this, there are still people who might not know how to do this especially first time smartphone owners. For their benefit, we published this simple, step-by-step tutorial on how to setup Face Unlock in the Galaxy S4.
We hope this tutorial helps.