Activate iPhone 6 with a Wi-Fi network
Activate iPhone 6 using iTunesIf you opt to activate your iPhone 6 over iTunes, you have to download and install the latest version of iTunes to your computer. You may need to provide your Apple ID in this case. And when everything is set, just connect your iPhone 6 to your computer and iTunes will walk you through the activation process, as well as sync your video, bookmarks, video files and contacts.
- Connect your iPhone 6 to the computer. Use the Lightning to USB cable provided with your iPhone device. On each device, you will be prompted to verify "Trust" of the other device.
- Connect your iPhone 6 to Wi-Fi. You will know if your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi or not by looking at the wireless network indicator on top of the screen. Be sure it's connected to a wireless network before you proceed.
- Configure Wi-Fi settings. To configure Wi-Fi settings on your iPhone 6, go to Settings, then select any of the following options to configure.
- Choose a network. Tap to select any of the available Wi-Fi network in range and enter the password, if prompted.
- Ask to join networks. When you turn on Ask to Join Networks, you will be prompted/notified when a Wi-Fi network is available. If you don't want this option, then you will need to manually join a network when the previous network you used is not available.
- Forget a network. Tap next to the previous network you joined, then tap on Forget this Network.
- Join a closed Wi-Fi network. You can also join a closed network if you want. Just tap Other, then enter the name of the closed network you want to join. You must know the network name, security type, and password to use this network.