All the applications that come with the iPhone as well as the apps you download from the Apps Store can be accessed on the Home screen. To use any of these apps, get to the Home screen and tap to open that application. To see other screens, just swipe right or left of the Home screen.
Multitasking on your iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus Home Screen
To view the multi-tasking screen, double-tap the Home button, then swipe left or right to view more. You can also switch between apps by simply tapping on them.
Another thing you can do while using certain apps or functions, is connecting with a recent or favorite contact. To do so, just tap on the contact's picture or name, then tap to select the method of communication you prefer.
To find and open more apps (in case you've lots of apps stored in your iPhone), you can use Spotlight to do the search for you. You can see the search field by pulling down the center of the Home screen.
Here's what you can do with the iPhone 6 multitasking capability:
- Swipe to scroll quickly between apps/screens.
- Drag a list up or down to view more options.
- Touch the screen to stop.
- Tap a letter to jump ahead of an index.
- Drag a photo, webpage or map in different direction to view more options.
- Tap the status bar on top of the screen to quickly jump to the top of a page.
- Zoom a photo, webpage or map in or out.
- Pinch a photo to view the collection or album where it’s in.
- Double-tap a photo or webpage to zoom in or out.
- Double-tap to zoom in an area on Maps and tap once with two fingers to zoom out.
Changing Screen Orientation on iPhone 6/iPhone 6 PlusYou can also change the screen orientation to portrait or landscape, by simply rotating your iPhone.
* Portrait Orientation - swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to open Control Center and then tap to lock the screen in portrait view or orientation. You will that the screen is locked in portrait when the Portrait orientation lock icon shows in the status bar when the screen orientation is locked.
When using your iPhone 6 in portrait orientation, several applications give you a different view.
We'll be covering more of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus screen options/settings in our next posts soon in this site. Please keep posted.