In this tutorial, we elaborate the basic steps to enable Bluetooth function on the new iPhones using the Settings menu. And to give you a clear hint on how to use or pair your iPhone with another Bluetooth-enabled device, we also offer Bluetooth pairing instructions.
Let's get started right away.
Step 1. Enable Bluetooth function on your iPhone 6/6 Plus
In order to use Bluetooth to share or transfer contents between devices, you need to enable or activate the functionality beforehand. To enable or turn on Bluetooth on the iPhone 6, follow these steps:
a. Tap on Settings from the Home screen.
b. Set Bluetooth feature ON.
Step 2. Enable Bluetooth Discovery mode
Follow these steps to set your iPhone and accessory into Bluetooth Pairing mode:
//On your iPhone device
1. Tap on Settings from the Home screen.
2. Tap on Bluetooth.
3. Tap the Bluetooth switch to enable it or turn the feature ON. When the switch turns green, it's on and ready for use.
When Bluetooth is turned on, Bluetooth discovery mode will likewise, be enabled automatically.
//On your Bluetooth accessory/device
1. Power on your accessory or other device you want to pair.
2. Wait for the status light to become steadily lit in blue and when the voice that says 'ready to pair' prompts.
3. Now, proceed with device pairing steps.
Step 3. Pair iPhone 6 with a Bluetooth Accessory/Device
1. Tap on Settings from the Home screen of your iPhone 6.
2. Select Bluetooth.
3. Next, put the accessory or other Bluetooth device in pairing mode.
4. Select the accessory/device on your iPhone.
5. If prompted, enter its passkey or PIN number to connect. Normally, the passkey is 0000 or 1234.
When both devices are successfully paired, you may now start sharing files or contents from or to your iPhone 6/6 Plus.