This content will walk you through keeping your precious Galaxy handset protected even if it's lost, by activating the anti-theft tool in it.
PrerequisitesThe following requirements should be met before you can activate Anti-theft on your evice:
- Set up Google ID
- Enable PIN, password or fingerprint lock
Activate/enable anti-theft on your S7 and S7 edge with the following steps:1. Set up a Google account.
2. Sign in to your Google account and follow the onscreen prompts to complete the process.
If you haven't yet set up a Google ID (account) on your device, here's a quick guide for you to refer to.
1. Tap Apps from any Home screen.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Tap the Add account or + icon.
5. Select the account type you prefer to set up.
For example, POP3/IMAP, ActiveSync/Exchange, Gmail, etc.
6. Enter your email address and password.
7. Enter server settings, as required.
8. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the account set up.
Note: Anti-theft is automatically enabled on your smartphone if you already set up a Google ID, and enabled a PIN, password or fingerprint lock.
Anti-theft tool is pre-loaded or downloadable to all new smartphone models first manufactured after July 2015 for retail sale in the United States. When activated, this tool will:
- prevent unauthorized users from accessing the device
- prevent unauthorized reactivation (factory resets on the device
- wipe authorized user's data remotely
- reverse the phone's inoperability once recovered by the owner